FOOD & NUTRITION SERVICES - AIDE (FULL TIME & PART TIME) - FOOD & NUTRITION SERVICES
Reports To: Food & Nutrition Services Manager
Employee Type: NON-EXEMPT
Under the direct supervision of the Food & Nutrition Services Manager, the aide helps prepare, season and cook food for hospital patients, staff and visitors.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion.
1. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
2. Maintains regulatory requirements, i.e. food handling certificate, mandatory in-services, departmental in-services, attends required staff meetings.
3. Previous experience in food service.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ensures meals are ready at specified times.
2. Consults with Food & Nutrition Services Manager and/or Clinical Dietitian on modified diets, as necessary.
3. Follows therapeutic diet orders/spreadsheets/alternate meal requests.
4. Washing, trimming and/or preparing food.
5. Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
6. Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts, meeting established Food & Nutrition Services guidelines
7. Tests food being cooked to ensure doneness. Adjusts heat controls as necessary/ batch cooking as necessary.
8. Improves flavor and texture of food by adding ingredients or seasonings.
9. Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner.
10. Correctly calculates measurements in recipes to increase or decrease servings.
11. Maintains safe food temperatures at all times.
12. Maintains food temperature logs/ equipment temperature and sanitizer logs.
13. Observes infection control practices at all times.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Works in a fast-paced environment.
2. Pushes meal carts to and from patient care units.
3. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach as needed.
4. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
5. Lifts up to 25 pounds when necessary.
6. Works in warm temperatures during the summer months.
7. Works in walk-in freezer for short periods of time.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028