RADIOLOGY - TECHNOLOGIST
Reports To: Radiology Manager
Employee Type: NON-EXEMPT
The Radiologic Technologist is responsible for quality radiographic imaging within the Radiology Department
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion
1. Certification through the American Registry of Radiologic Technology ARRT (R) Certified.
2. Possession of current General Radiography and Fluoroscopy Certification through the California Department of Health, Radiologic Branch – (CRT).
3. Certification in Computed Tomography (CT) within three years of hire.
4. Minimum of two years’ experience in General Radiography, Fluoroscopy, CT, and Trauma
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned
1. Performs a wide variety of imaging procedures, including but not limited to: Digital Radiography, CT, Fluoroscopy, and Surgery cases with the use of C-Arm and Portable.
2. Works unsupervised with little or no assistance, except when assistance is needed for physically incapable patients.
3. Has essential computer knowledge to run basic computer programs, as well as being able to learn radiology software programs.
4. Effectively schedules patients and gives proper instructions for all procedures performed within the department.
5. Possesses ability to answer phones, file, and work with physicians.
6. Stocks linens, cleans exam rooms, partakes in quality control and orders needed supplies.
7. Has legible handwriting in order to be read by all staff members and co-workers
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Salary: $83,200.00 to $104,000.00 per year
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028