SKILLED NURSING FACILITY - LVN
Reports To: Charge Nurse
Reporting to the DON, the LVN works in conjunction with physicians, nursing staff, residents, families and other facility departments to provide optimum individualized nursing care for the residents of the SNF service.
This position description is intended to identify some of the duties and responsibilities of this position. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT�S sole and absolute discretion.
1. A CA licensed nurse with good physical and mental health, a courteous and kind disposition who has interest in geriatric care and /or rehab.
2. Current BLS level CPR certification.
3. Good physical health and stamina with ability to walk, bend, lift and who has the dexterity to perform the manual skills required for SNF care.
4. Good mental health. Is able to accept and tolerate behavior of residents who may be confused and may be abusive both verbally and physically.
5. Is adaptable, able to follow directions, grasp new ideas and accept change.
6. Is able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Is able to see and hear adequately to perform functions of the job.
7. Is dependable, reliable and has a history of good attendance.
8. Has strong assessment skills and is resourceful in emergency situations.
9. Possesses an interest in continuing education and self development.
10. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
11. Must be a team player to all departments, confidential of sensitive data, respectful of all other staff members, considerate of other people�s time, and accountable for work output.
1. Always demonstrates a professional behavior, both when on duty and as a representative of the hospital outside of normal work hours.
2. Always demonstrates a positive working relationship with patients, visitors and facility staff. Respectfully to managers and supervisors.
3. Demonstrates organizational ability and time management.
4. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
5. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
6. Maintains an organized set of records, delivers records immediately upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
7. Communicates appropriately, respectfully, and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers. Accepts direction as provided without questioning authority, within the chain of command.
8. Performs all assigned tasks accurately.
9. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
10. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
11. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary in a professional and friendly manner.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Uses sound principles of nursing practice to perform charge nurse duties.
2. Works in conjunction with other team members to build a team.
3. Takes an active role in maintaining and improving his/her own professional practice and behavior.
4. Fulfills responsibility to the facility by adhering to its philosophy and general policies.
5. Receives and gives report on resident�s condition, assigns nurses aides to care for individual residents and assures that they are aware of nursing care to be delivered.
6. Makes rounds on each resident, assesses all new residents and any resident who is ill, has fallen or has sustained an injury and any who have had a change in condition. Documents assessment per facility policy/procedure and does appropriate follow-up as indicated.
7. Follows facility policy/procedure when administering medication and documents same. Assures that medications are correct, not out dated, are in adequate supply and administered as ordered.
8. Notifies physician of any changes in the resident�s condition or current needs, documents and notes doctor�s orders per facility policy/procedure. Carries out all physician orders in a timely manner. Makes rounds with physician and gives input regarding resident�s current condition.
9. Assists in the assessment of new residents, in developing the plan of care and assuring that care is carried out in accordance with the care plan. Follows-up on any problems or concerns that the resident or family may have.
10. Documents a weekly summary on assigned residents according to the care plan, and updates the care plan as needed. Assists management staff with completion of comprehensive assessments.
11. Performs nursing procedures according to facility/procedure, being aware of all safety and infection control principles and practices. Knows how to use all equipment and does so in a safe and effective manner.
12. Discharges residents according to facility policy/procedure and assures that they are given complete discharge instructions. Identifies educational needs of residents and/or families and provides information as needed.
13. Communicates problems with staff, equipment, supplies, residents and their families to nursing management. Assists in the evaluation of the LTC nursing service, makes suggestions for improvement to assure quality care.
14. Responds to emergency situations appropriately, notifies all staff, family, physician in a timely manner; carries out emergency orders quickly and efficiently and documents same in the resident�s record. Does follow-up as needed.
15. Assists in the orientation of new personnel and in staff education as needed. Is a role model for nurse assistants and assures that residents are treated with dignity, respect and allowed privacy as needed.
16. Assists with direct patient care as needed, assures that call lights are answered promptly and that nursing care assigned to assistants I completed and documented according to facility policy/procedure.
17. Attends annual CPR classes and other in-service education classes related to job position. Keeps skills up-to- date. Participates in monthly staff meetings.
18. Promotes good working relationships with other departments, coworkers, residents, families and physicians. Is supportive of the facility in the community. Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion in discussing hospital matters.
19. Is safety conscious; utilizes measures to prevent infections and accidents. Reports hazards to proper personnel.
20. Performs other duties as assigned by nursing management.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties
9. Performs other duties, as assigned.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors, and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
4. Work hours are determined based on needs of the department. Shifts may be eight, ten or twelve hour shifts as agreed upon by DON and CNO. This is a full time position.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 pounds.
Please ask us about our highly competitive Bonus Program!!*
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028