PHARMACY - TECH
Reports To: Director of Clinical Services
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Receives and fills prescription requests for patients under the supervision of the Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC) and maintains patient profiles.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT sole and absolute discretion.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. California Board of Pharmacy Technician License
3. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, material produced for union negotiations, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Retrieving, pouring, counting, labeling, and re-constituting prescription medications
2. Accessing, inputting, and retrieving information through the Pharmacys computer network to maintain accurate records
3. Creating accurate prescription labels
4. Processing and preparing third-party insurance claims
5. Communicating with physicians, patients, and third-parties, such as insurers
6. Maintaining accurate patient/client profiles
7. Maintaining Pharmacy inventory
8. Preparing reports related to sales, usage, and inventory
9. Complying with established procedures, rules, and regulations
10. Providing completed orders to customers
11. Answering phones and directing customer calls to the appropriate personnel
12. Maintaining and cleaning equipment, work areas, and shelves
13. Accepting prescriptions to be filled and ensuring that the PIC has the data necessary to fill the orders
14. Recordkeeping related to inventories, receipts, purchases, and deliveries
15. Collecting co-payments
16. Packaging and labeling products under the supervision of the PIC
17. Restock shelves
18. Unpacking and organizing incoming merchandise, including sorting items that require special handling
19. Checking for outdated medications and notifying the PIC of low inventories
20. Understanding and complying with all federal and state laws, HIPPA, PHI, EPHI, etc.
21. Working as a team and communicating clearly
22. Helping customers locate over-the-counter products
23. Handling customer problems/concerns in a calm manner and referring them to the PIC
24. Notifying the pharmacist of any problems or malfunctions
25. Checking refrigerator and freezer temperatures
26. Properly processing pseudoephedrine sales
27. Properly processing Medicare Durable Medical equipment (DME) Claims
28. Promoting Teamwork
29. Providing professional services
30. Possible cross training opportunities with our retail pharmacy
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 40 lbs.
Position Type : On Call
Shift : Day
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028