RESPIRATORY THERAPY - THERAPIST
Reports To: Chief Clinical Officer
Employee Type: NON-EXEMPT
Provides care, assessment and delivery of Respiratory Therapy to those individuals for which a physician has requested care. Care will be provided in a variety of setting including, but not limited to, inpatient, outpatient, emergency services and home care. Employee will be expected to work as a team member with other healthcare modalities. Individual must be able to work with minimal assistance in procedures such as intubations, patient assessment and care planning. All therapy is delivered under the direction of the Medical Director.
This position description is intended to identify some of the duties and responsibilities of this position. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT sole and absolute discretion.
1. High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of an associate degree in Respiratory Care.
2. Active and current licensure in the State of California as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
3. Registered Respiratory Therapist.
4. Minimum one year experience in clinical setting, or a new graduate with strong recommendations.
5. Must possess current ACLS and BLS.
6. Must possess PALS and NRP within six months of hire.
7. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
8. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
9. Must be a team player to all departments, confidential of sensitive data, respectful of all other staff members, considerate of other people time, and accountable for work output.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated always, both when on duty and as a representative of the hospital outside of normal work hours.
2. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated. Respectful to managers and supervisors.
3. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
4. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
5. Maintains an organized set of records, delivers records immediately upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
6. Communicates appropriately, respectfully, and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers. Accepts direction as provided without questioning authority, within the chain of command.
7. Performs all assigned tasks accurately.
8. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
9. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
10. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary in a professional and friendly manner.
11. Works unsupervised with not or no assistance, except when assistance is needed for physically incapable patients.
12. Effectively schedules patients and give proper instruction for all procedures performed within the department.
13. Must be kind and courteous to all patients at all times, with no exception.
14. Possesses ability to answer phones, file, and work that physicians.
15. Stocks lines, cleans rooms, partakes in quality controls and order needed supplies.
16. Has legible handwriting in order to be read by all staff members and co-workers.
17. Must be willing and able to follow directions and leave directions for others that can be easily understood.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors, and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $35.00 - $45.00 per/hour
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028