RADIOLOGY - ULTRASOUND TECH
Under the direction of the Radiology Manager, the Ultrasound Technologist performs ultrasonic recordings of the human body in an effort to facilitate diagnosis, screening, and patient treatment.
This position description is intended to identify some of the duties and responsibilities of this position. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT�S sole and absolute discretion.
1. Graduate from an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program and/or a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDMS) certification and/or established hospital/clinical experience in sonography with a willingness to become certified.
2. X-ray and/or CT experience a plus.
3. CRT certification a plus.
4. Current certification in area of specialty.
5. Current compliance with CME requirements for specialty(ies) as appropriate.
6. Previous experience as an ultrasound technologist preferred.
7. Experience with Vascular Studies preferred.
8. Previous experience with CT scan and X-ray preferred.
9. Successful completion of an approved one year program in ultrasound technology.
10. Is able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Is able to see and hear adequately to perform functions of the job.
11. Dependable, reliable, and can relate well with co-workers and patients.
12. Ability to type accurately with a basic understanding of word processing skills.
13. Familiarity with current technology utilized to perform the job duties below.
1. Always demonstrates a professional behavior, both when on duty and as a representative of the hospital outside of normal work hours.
2. Always demonstrates a positive working relationship with patients, visitors and facility staff.
3. Demonstrates organizational ability and time management.
4. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
5. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
6. Maintains an organized set of records, delivers records immediately upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
7. Communicates appropriately, respectfully, and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers. Accepts direction as provided without questioning authority, within the chain of command.
8. Performs all assigned tasks accurately.
9. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
10. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
11. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary in a professional and friendly manner.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonographer examinations.
2. Performs ultrasound procedures, to include OB, Thyroid, and General Abdomen.
3. Selects the appropriate equipment for use in ultrasound setup, following exam specifications.
4. Explains ultrasound exams to the patients receiving them.
5. Instructs and assists the patient in assuming the physical position for examination.
6. Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure and makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
7. Performs all aspects of patient care related to this position in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health errors.
8. Adjusts equipment controls according to the exam delivered in order to yield optimal imaging results.
9. Enters test data and patient information into computer systems as appropriate.
10. Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of the body and observes soundwave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
11. Produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data within established electronic systems.
12. Evaluates technical quality of images to obtain representative images of patient conditions; processes images in accordance with standard procedures and techniques.
13. Discusses test results with supervisor or attending physician.
14. Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
15. Maintain accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
16. Maintains records of ultrasound images taken, archiving data as required; calculates, compiles, and records data from readings appropriately in the electronic medical record system.
17. Understand and practices proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer�s instruction.
18. Calibrates, cleans and performs routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning, within standard operating procedure.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements, if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification badge while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors, government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
4. Hours vary according to the needs of the department, which is open seven days/week.
1. Has the ability to walk, bend and lift and has the dexterity to perform the manual skills required of the job.
2. Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028