RADIOLOGY - ULTRASOUND TECH
Reports To: Radiology Manager
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Under the direction of the Radiology Manager, the Ultrasound Technologist performs ultrasonic recordings of the human body in an effort to facilitate diagnosis, screening, and patient treatment.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion.
1. Graduate from an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program and/or a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDMS) certification and/or established hospital/clinical experience in sonography with a willingness to become certified.
2. Current certification in area of specialty.
3. Current compliance with CME requirements, as appropriate.
4. Previous experience as an ultrasound technologist with preferred experience in a critical access hospital setting.
5. Experience with basic vascular studies including carotid artery and DVT exams.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, material produced for union negotiations, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonographer examinations.
2. Performs ultrasound procedures independently with minimal supervision from a Radiologist.
3. Selects the appropriate equipment for use in ultrasound setup, following exam specifications.
4. Explains ultrasound exams to the patients receiving them.
5. Instructs and assists the patient in assuming the physical position for examination.
6. Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure and makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
7. Performs all aspects of patient care related to this position in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health errors.
8. Adjusts equipment controls according to the exam delivered in order to yield optimal imaging results.
9. Enters test data and patient information into computer systems as appropriate.
10. Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of the body and observes soundwave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
11. Produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data within established electronic systems.
12. Evaluates technical quality of images to obtain representative images of patient conditions; processes images in accordance with standard procedures and techniques.
13. Discusses test results with supervisor or attending physician.
14. Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
15. Maintain accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
16. Maintains records of ultrasound images taken, archiving data as required; calculates, compiles, and records data from readings appropriately in the electronic medical record system.
17. Understand and practices proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer’s instruction.
18. Calibrates, cleans and performs routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning, within standard operating procedure.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028