CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST- IT - Information Technology
Reports To: Information Technology Manager
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Under the direction of the Information Technology Manager, the Customer Support Specialist is the initial point of contact for issues reported to the IT Department. This is an entry-level position that requires no previous IT experience or knowledge with high potential of position growth. This Level 1 role is responsible for fielding, escalating, and resolving Tier 1 IT support needs at Mayers Memorial Hospital District.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion.
1. A High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Entry level position
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Excellent written skills
5. The ability to contribute to and effectively work in a team
6. CompTIA ITF+ Certification or Google IT Support Professional Certification
7. Previous healthcare experience
8. An interest in the IT industry
9. Being a quick learner with above-average problem solving and critical thinking skills
10. Familiarity with Microsoft products such as Windows 10, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, and Outlook
All IT Personnel:
1. Maintain professionalism, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD among the community outside of normal work hours
2. Attend regular collaboration meetings
3. Contribute to internal knowledge base, standard operating procedures, and process improvement
4. Request assistance from other team members on complicated issues
5. Maintain a positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff
6. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and MMHD policies in regards to all encounters with Patient, Employee, Visitor, and any other type of Personally Identifiable Information when performing work
7. Manage their time effectively, organizing and prioritizing work in accordance with the rest of the team
8. Communicate appropriately to directors, managers, vendors, and coworkers.
9. Communicate accurately and entirely, to include proper spelling and grammar, complete reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation
10. Consider the needs and workflows of other departments with which he/she works with on a temporary basis in order to assist them more effectively
11. Answers phone calls, assists end users, and address all issues in accordance with their priority level
12. Arrive on time, and in appropriate uniform
13. Travel to remote facilities when necessary (5-20 miles depending on location)
14. Assist in scheduled On Call rotation when necessary
15. Assist in Business Projects that require the assistance of the IT department
16. Perform other duties as assigned
Level 1 Personnel:
1. Field phone calls from end users and convert their problems into one or multiple tickets that contain all information required for themselves, or another technician, to resolve the ticket
2. Ensure tickets do not sit unassigned for extended periods of time
3. Maintain regular communication with end users to ensure satisfaction with IT support throughout the life of the ticket.
4. Explain issues to end users in a simple and relatable format, and educate them on issues where self-resolution would have been possible
5. Follow standard operating procedures for all tickets they are assigned to, and work with the IT Manager to establish them where absent
6. Be able to identify when to escalate tickets to Level 2 technicians
7. Document their ticket resolutions in a verbose manner and publish them for future use
8. Compile and organize data using available productivity applications, and make appropriate recommendations for improvement based on that data
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, including scheduled availability outside of normal business hours, and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $16.50 - $18.00 per/hour