RADIOLOGY MANAGER - IMAGING
Reports To: Director of Quality and Ancillary Services
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
The Radiology Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the overall operation of the Radiology Department.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion.
1. Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college affiliated or hospital trained.
2. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
3. Certified by the State of California to practice and administer radiation.
4. Current BCLS certification
5. Experience in Radiology Administration preferred; experience such as Supervisor or Assistant Director of a Radiology Department.
6. At least five (5) years of experience in a department that conducts diagnostic and special radiological procedures.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Works with Hospital Administration on planning, organizing and directing Radiology operations and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
2. Secures and maintains the physical facilities, equipment and supplies which are required to carry out effective patient care and create an optimum physical environment.
3. Carries on continuous analysis, evaluation, and audit of Radiology Services.
4. Initiates and actuates improved methods of radiology services and directs their implementation.
5. Prepares department budgets for personnel, operating expenses and capital equipment. Is responsible for the fiscal operation of the department.
6. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
7. Delegates authority and responsibility to other staff of the department.
8. Establishes and maintains standards of performance and policies and procedures, and ensures that the department operates within those established parameters.
9. Directs and participates in the human resource management function for the department, coordinating selection, promotion, orientation, discipline, performance evaluations, and other functions of personnel management.
10. Coordinates the department’s in-service training and education.
11. Cooperates in planning programs and safety and preparedness for fire and disaster.
12. Demonstrates competency in completing regular and special radiographic examinations such as CT scans, regular diagnostic x-rays, etc.
13. Demonstrates competence in digitizing radiographic images taken and in operating Mayers Memorial Hospital District’s PACS system.
14. Is responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of performance improvement and CQI activities.
15. Ensures that preventative maintenance is conducted and coordinated on all equipment pertaining to the department.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $45.00 - $55.00 per/hour