HOSPITAL SCREENER - PATIENT ACCESS
Reports To: Patient Access Lead
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Under the direction of the Patient Access lead, the hospital screener is responsible for greeting employees and visitors on arrival to the hospital. The screener will screen employees, patients, guests, and vendors for fever and/or respiratory symptoms upon entry into the hospital and direct them to the appropriate destination
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion.
1. High School Diploma.
2. Above Average public relation skills
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrates good reading and writing skills
2. Above average verbal communication skills
3. Above average public relationship skills and adaptability required
4. Able to work well with public and handle stressful situations in a calm manner
5. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
6. Maintain a close working relationship with hospital staff
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day