SKILLED NURSING FACILITY-CHARGE NURSE - SKILLED NURSING FACILITY
Reports To: SNF Director of Nursing
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Coordinates multidisciplinary team effort to provide high quality care in a safe, efficient, effective, resident-centered, timely and equitable manner. Supervises and coordinates the activities of nursing and personnel engaged with specific duties within the skilled nursing facility. Audits documentation of other nurses. Contacts physicians when resident needs arise, using procedures established in the policies of the facility. Evaluates compliance with federal and state standards regulating skilled nursing facility related to resident care and documentation, taking corrective action as needed. Completes assigned duties to ensure a safe environment and quality service
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion
1. Graduated from an Accredited School of Nursing.
2. Current LVN or RN licensure to practice in California.
3. Charge nurse experience preferred
4. CPR Certification upon hire, renewed every two (2) years.
5. Previous long-term care experience preferred.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Proficiency in assessment of resident needs.
2. Ability to lead, communicate with other staff and work with a team.
3. Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and presentation.
4. Ability to communicate with physicians, administration, nurse management, residents, and families and outside resources in managing resident care.
5. Ability to multi-task and utilize critical think skills.
6. Ability to provide direction and guidance to all levels of staff to promote efficiency and quality care services.
7. Ability to exercise sound judgment and use initiative to recognize changes in residents’ condition.
8. Must be able to exhibit kindness, patience and tact when dealing with staff, physicians, residents, families and visitors.
9. Must have a genuine interest in residents including Geriatric Nursing.
10. Must be able to realize that errors may have serious consequences for the resident.
11. Respects the privacy of the resident in all matters, including their private lives.
12. Assists in the provisions of quality care by members of the health care team.
13. Must be safety conscious to minimize the negative outcome to residents, visitors and staff.
14. Follows infection control practice standards when dealing with residents and performing job duties.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time