SKILLED NURSING FACILITY-UNIT ASSISTANT - SKILLED NURSING FACILITY
Reports To: Charge Nurse
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Reporting to the on-duty Charge Nurse, the assistant is responsible for performing duties to assist the CNA’s.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion
1. High School Diploma
2. Outgoing, energetic personality preferred
3. Good written and oral communication skills
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Good interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
7. Performs all assigned tasks carefully, safely, and accurately.
8. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
9. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
10. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines and computers in the performance of job functions.
11. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties (may include, but not limited to):
1. Maintain fresh bedside ice water for the residents, changing out containers as required.
2. Keep residents beds clean and made, changing bedding as needed.
3. Keep showers and other shared spaces clean and orderly.
4. Stock and maintain general orderliness of residents’ rooms.
5. Clean closets if needed, remove empty hangers, etc.
6. Assist residents with non-direct care needs (turning on the television etc.)
7. Assist staff during mealtimes. Provide napkins and other items to residents, gather trays, document percentile eaten. Provide visual oversite of the dining area to maintain resident safety.
8. Perform monthly exchange of personal hygiene items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste and basins.
9. Provide routine cleaning of equipment such as wheelchairs and residents lifts.
10. Clean vital sign machines, carts and other items routinely used.
11. Assist staff by setting up residents clothing and toiletries for use each morning.
12. Provide oversite of resident/family visitation in the garden or other defined areas, following the current infection prevention regulations.
13. Empty linen hampers.
14. Fill oxygen cylinders.
15. Answer phones and assist family and other visitors.
16. Assist nursing staff in other non-resident related duties as assigned.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day