FLOOR MAINTENANCE AIDE-ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
Reports To: Environmental Services Manager
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
The Floor Maintenance Aide is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the hospital’s various facilities and performs a variety of cleaning techniques in support of maintaining a sanitary, safe, and attractive healthcare environment for patients, residents and the staff
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion
1. Must be a high school graduate or have a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
2. One to three (1-3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Basic knowledge of a variety of cleaning techniques performed in a commercial setting.
4. Basic knowledge of commercial housekeeping equipment and its usage.
5. Basic mathematical concepts for proper measuring of cleaning agents.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned
1. Responsible for clean equipment. Maintains cleanliness of Environmental Services Housekeeping closets.
2. Ensures all assigned areas of the facilities are clean, sanitary, and aseptic by scouring, scrubbing, mopping, polishing, using germicides, dusting and vacuuming.
3. Required to clean/disinfect floors, including sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, polishing and vacuuming. Maintains cleanliness of all floors at all times. Handles and cleans up emergency spills. Reports any hazardous situation immediately.
4. Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from equipment and other surfaces, using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions.
5. Daily cleaning of Floors, Windows, ledges in all patient care areas.
6. Gathers, lifts and transports trash and soiled linen throughout the facility in a clean and safe manner. Handles hazardous waste appropriately and thoroughly understands and follows the approved Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
7. Daily clean of housekeeping duties if needed knowing the correct infection control practices used within the facility.
8. Monitors cleaning equipment and report irregularities and malfunctions to Supervisor.
9. Uses housekeeping supplies appropriately and effectively. Monitors supplies and reports inventory levels to Supervisor. Prepares Requisition Forms for the ordering of supplies and forwards to Supervisor for approval.
10. Replenishes towels, linens, restroom/bathrooms supplies in all areas of facility as needed.
11. Moves furniture and equipment in the scope of the job duties.
12. Reads and understands Operation Manuals, Policy Procedure Manuals, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) Manual, and other departmental manuals to remain knowledgeable on the proper usage of the procedures and equipment usage.
13. Continually demonstrates a culture of high safety standards and quality during the entire course of this job.
14. Performs all aspects of duties and responsibilities in a manner that optimizes patient safety.
15. Must effectively interact with patients and health team members while maintaining quality standards. Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors.
16. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for age-specific groups served. Maintains and ensures age-specific precautions at all times.
17. Respect diversity of each individual’s values, cultures, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of the patients and visitors within the scope of this job.
18. Must be sensitive to the daily lives of our Patients and Residents, and must have the ability to demonstrate the strictest of confidentially for compliance with and adherence to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) for their privacy and safe keeping.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs
Position Type : Full Time