CLINIC PRACTICE MANAGER - CLINIC
Reports To: Chief Nursing Officer
Employee Type: EXEMPT
Responsible for the management of Primary Care Medical and Specialty practice. Supervision of all medical staff, nurses, medical assistants and ancillary employees Responsible for positive patient, provider and staff experience. Interfaces with professional staff, hospital administration, and other hospital departments. Oversees facility budget, patient accounting, facility management, provider schedules, and provider on boarding, general operations of the outpatient care centers. Interfaces with the professional staff within the guidelines of the organization
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT'S sole and absolute discretion
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. BS Degree in Health care, business education, or related field
3. A minimum of 2 years' experience working in a clinical medical practice. General medical office management, report writing, budget management, and medical billing experience required. Knowledge in meaningful use measures, quality assurance and improvement.
4. Current BLS/CPR Certification required
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned
1. Skilled in troubleshooting and solving analytical and clinical problems.
2. Skilled in ability to analyze data and write reports.
3. Skilled in handling stressful, argumentative situations
4. Knowledge of Meaningful Use and Quality Incentive Standards
5. Patient Satisfaction experience: implementation, assessment and training
6. Ability to manage medical staff including staff development, coaching and mentoring; ability to lead staff with tact and diplomacy.
7. Expertise in using all Microsoft Office products including Excel.
8. Strong ability in navigating through Electronic Health & Medical Records
9. Knowledgeable of patient accounting, billing, and able to use electronic accounting systems.
10. Demonstrable skill and ability in using data to drive organizational decisions.
11. Ability to successfully navigate through state clinical surveys.
12. Experience with accrediting bodies
13. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including customer service skills
14. Ability to make appropriate decisions in emergency and other challenging situations.
15. Ability to create policies and procedures in conjunction with professional staff and hospital administration.
16. Knowledgeable of all aspects of clinic function and flow.
17. Strong interpersonal skills
18. A team player, adaptive and collaborative while working across the organization.
19. Demonstrates good judgment and discretion regarding confidentiality of sensitive issues.
20. Strong managerial skills, including coaching and mentoring
21. Must be able to organize, prioritize, manage time and meet deadlines.
22. Ability and understanding to maintain a high level of confidentiality
1. Responsible for recruiting and pre-screening candidates and providers. Hires, coaches, counsels and disciplines employees within the hospital approved guidelines and policies.
2. Conducts employee evaluations prior to due date and identifies developmental needs and opportunities.
3. Reviews and approves employee's time cards for payroll processing. Approves Sick/PTO hours for employees.
4. Listens and responds to staff and concerns
5. Holds monthly staff meetings to provide all staff with current information, problem solve, in-service trainings, performance improvement activities and safety education.
6. Assist in the credentialing of medical staff
7. Assign, supervises and participates in the daily work of the clinic
8. Resolves complaints from patients regarding staff, providers and insurance issues in conjunction with the business office/HR.
9. Monitors provider performance in regards to patient satisfaction, chart review and completion of electronic medical record. Advises provider, medical director, Chief Nursing officer, and hospital Administration of any problems.
10. Respond to concerns of the provider(s)
11. Demonstrates positive customer relations
12. Oversee the billing and accounting functions and standards. Follow up on any billing questions from provers and/or patients
13. Interacts with professional and medical staff
14. Manages clinical operations within the Mayers Hospital District guidelines
15. Manages and maintains facility, equipment and supplies
16. Communicates to executive team, departments, physicians, and staff
17. Oversees QA/QC pay for performance
18. Supervises back office and all clinical staff
19. Adheres to strict patient privacy and confidentiality protocols defined in the hospitals policies and procedures.
20. Assures compliance with all regulatory agency requirements
21. Creates an environment that enables the hospital district to fulfill its mission and meet/exceed its goals
22. Performs all other duties assigned to support the departments objectives
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs
Position Type : Full Time