ACTIVITIES - AIDE (BURNEY& FALL RIVER)
Reports To: Activity Director
Employee Type: NON-EXEMPT
Under the direction of the Activity Director the Activity Aide is responsible for the provision of activities functions and initial admissions process to SNF residents and documentation of same
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT sole and absolute discretion
1. High School diploma or equivalency exam preferred but not required.
2. Previous experience in adult recreation and/or in the care of geriatric residents preferred but not required.
3. Some basic understanding of medical terminology
4. Current Driver license with clear DMV record.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Previous experience in adult recreation and/or in the care of geriatric residents preferred but not required.
2. Provides individual and group activities to residents under the direction of the Activity Director.
3. Works with other departments to foster a multidisciplinary approach toward providing residents with activity programs that meet their preferences and needs.
4. Assures that the individual resident care plans are addressed in the facilitation of activity programs.
5. Relates to residents in an enthusiastic, creative manner to assure the maximal participation in each activity program.
6. Assists with the total care and well being of facility pets.
7. Maintains documentation of resident activity program participation in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
8. Participates in the volunteer program for the SNF residents, assists with recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers while in the facility.
9. Assists the Activity Director with the interpretation to residents, other staff members, and the outside community, the purpose and achievements of the activity program.
10. Be able to work independently gathering intake information to evaluate prescreening admissions.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day