ACTIVITIES VAN DRIVER/AIDE - ACTIVITIES
Reports To: Activity Director
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Under the direction of the Activity Director, the Activities Van Driver/Aide is responsible for the transportation of residents/patients safely and efficiently to and from activities and appointments. Participate in the routine cleaning and servicing of the activities van as appropriate, as well as helping in the activities department as deemed necessary
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT sole and absolute discretion
1. High School diploma or GED required
2. Previous experience in adult recreation and/or in the care of geriatric residents preferred but not required.
3. Some basic understanding of medical terminology
4. Current California Drivers license with clear DMV record.
5. Obtain a current BLS/CPR/First Aid Certification
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Previous experience in adult recreation and/or in the care of geriatric residents preferred but not required.
2. Provides individual and group activities to residents under the direction of the Activity Director.
3. Works with other departments to foster a multidisciplinary approach toward providing residents with activity programs that meet their preferences and needs.
4. Assures that the individual resident care plans are addressed in the facilitation of transportation of the patient/resident.
5. Relates to residents in an enthusiastic, creative manner to assure the maximal participation in each activity program.
6. Able to drive the activities van with comfort and knowledge of all of its functions.
7. Maintains documentation of resident activity program participation in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
8. Assists the Activity Director with the interpretation to residents, other staff members, and the outside community, for the purpose and achievements of the activity and/or transportation of resident.
9. Participate in the routine cleaning and servicing of the van; fuel; check oil and fluid levels; clean windshield and headlamps; maintain van in clean and safe operating condition.
10. Review calendar and communicate with the appropriate units as necessary to make certain patient appointments are being managed appropriately.
11. Adhere and practice Safe and defensive driving practices. Proper operation of passenger vans. Provisions of the California Vehicle Code and other regulations as they are applicable to the operation of vehicles in transporting SNF residents. Basic record-keeping techniques. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
12. Ability to help in the activities department when the transportation of patients/residents are not needed.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 50 lbs
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day