NURSING - STAFF COORDINATOR - NURSING
Reports To: Chief Nursing Officer
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Under the direction of the CNO, the Staffing Coordinator organizes and prepares work schedules for employees to ensure the appropriate amount of staff is available for each work shift. This involves working with internal employees, as well as external sources such as temporary staffing agencies
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT’S sole and absolute discretion
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Hospital staffing experience preferred
3. Two years of experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Responsible for managing and completing all staffing activities related to the daily work schedules after the managers have completed the monthly schedules. This includes procuring, floating, and cancelling staff as necessary.
2. Work closely with HR and registry companies to fill any immediate empty shift in an appropriate way.
3. Develops plan for the scheduling of the night shift/ upcoming weekend and reviews it with the house supervisor/Station One ward clerk, and appropriate leadership as needed prior to end of shift or start of weekend.
4. Reviews schedules for gaps in coverage and works with local registries to cover the vacancies at least two weeks in advance.
5. Works closely with managers in approving and scheduling time off for employees and works to fill vacant shifts to meet minimum staffing requirements.
6. Assists managers to develop and maintain a “vacation request calendar” so that employees can request and preschedule time off. Reviews requests to see if employee has adequate PTO for the time requested
7. Validates that only the pre-defined number of employees can have approved vacation at any given time in order to maintain safe staffing levels.
8. Reviews and fills in approved vacation time in the scheduling software.
9. Returns any denied PTO to the manager for discussion with the employee.
10. Tracks all unplanned absences and creates a monthly report for each manager.
11. Serves as super user or subject matter expert on staffing software utilized by the organization
12. Reviews completed schedules for employee compliance with scheduling practice prior to the approval and posting of the schedules. Validates that all clinical employees are working every other weekend and are working at their FTE status and/or are using approved PTO to cover approved days off. Validate employees are scheduled for, and meeting holiday requirements.
13. Maintains the daily nurse matrix sheet. Prepare and submit reports that have to do with employee operations.
14. Works with the different nursing managers and identifies when a long-term registry employee may be the best choice.
15. Keeping meticulous attendance records to support the progressive disciplinary process if staff members accrue excessive absences and/or tardiness.
16. Works closely with HR to validate that all mandatory education, certifications and/or lab tests are both complete and current.
17. Develops and manages hoteling process for hospital owned houses so that costs are reduced for registry usage.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
4. Works with others, exposure to public/staff/providers, fast work pace, frequent changes and interruptions.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028