EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT - LVN
Reports To: Nursing Supervisor
Employee Type: FLSA Exempt ___ Yes X No
Reporting to the on-duty Nursing Supervisor, the LVN administers nursing care to patients in an efficient, safe and courteous manner using proper nursing procedures. Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory and deep cleaning of emergency room. Will assist the emergency room team leader and acute care nurse as directed.
This position description is intended to identify some of the duties and responsibilities of this position. Mayers Memorial Hospital District reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at Mayers Memorial Hospital District's sole and absolute discretion.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Current California nursing licensure in good standing.
3. Maintains current BLS and ACLS certifications. IV certification required. Need to obtain PALS and NRP within one year of hire.
4. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
5. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
6. Must be a team player to all departments, confidential of sensitive data, respectful of all other staff members, considerate of other people's time, and accountable for work output.
1. Always demonstrates a professional behavior, both when on duty and as a representative of the hospital outside of normal work hours.
2. Always demonstrates a positive working relationship with patients, visitors and facility staff. Respectfully to managers and supervisors.
3. Demonstrates organizational ability and time management.
4. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
5. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
6. Maintains an organized set of records, delivers records immediately upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
7. Communicates appropriately, respectfully, and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers. Accepts direction as provided without questioning authority, within the chain of command.
8. Performs all assigned tasks accurately.
9. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
10. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
11. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary in a professional and friendly manner.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
2. Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient's immediate condition or needs within time frame specified by facilities policy and procedures or protocols. Notifies Charge Nurse and MD of abnormal findings.
3. Develops plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
4. Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Performs all assigned tasks accurately (e.g., EKGs, blood draws, IV starts, etc.). Keep work area and assigned rooms clean. Restock storage area for Emergency Room
6. Provides individualized patient/family education.
7. Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
8. Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to appropriate resuscitation protocols.
9. Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and facility staff.
10. Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient's and family's diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
11. Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
12. Adheres to standards of safety and infection control in delivery of patient care.
13. Assists nursing staff in other departments, as requested and if qualified, when need arises.
14. Maintains current CPR and ACLS certifications.
15. Works with other departments in coordinating smooth transfer of patients for procedures or diagnostic tests. AM blood draws and specimen collection as ordered by physician.
16. Assumes professional responsibility for assuring patient care is of the highest standards possible. Communicates questions about appropriateness of medical or nursing care through chain of command, as needed.
17. Follows procedure for medication administration and narcotics control. Documents medications and nursing care in a timely and accurate manner.
18. Assists with direct patient care, as needed. Assures that call lights are answered promptly
19. Responds to emergency situations appropriately; notifies all staff, family & physician in a timely manner. Carries out emergency orders quickly and efficiently. Documents same in the patient's record. Does follow up as needed.
20. Works under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor to provide nursing care to Emergency Room patients.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital in the performance of job duties
9. Performs other duties, as assigned.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors, and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Evening
Hourly Wage: $24.52 - $31.99 per/hour
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028