FOOD & NUTRITION SERVICES - AIDE (FULL TIME & PART TIME)
Reports To: Food & Nutrition Services Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Food & Nutrition Services Manager, the Food & Nutrition Services Aide performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities of the Dietary Aide. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT'S sole and absolute discretion.
1. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
2. Maintains regulatory requirements, i.e. mandatory in-services, departmental in-services, attends required staff meetings.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, material produced for union negotiations, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Prepares and portions food items, as directed.
2. Prepares and delivers food items as directed to patient care units.
3. Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner.
4. Prepares special diet foods as necessary.
5. Delivers food carts to patient care units.
6. Operates mechanical dish machine.
7. Manually washes items unable to go through mechanical dishwasher, i.e.; pots, pans, knives.
8. Maintains water temperature and sanitizer logs.
9. Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
10. Puts clean dishes and utensils away.
11. Sweeps and mops floors as scheduled and as necessary
12. Cleans refrigerators and storage areas.
13. Performs special cleaning duties as assigned by the Dietary Manager.
14. Observes infection control practices at all times.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Works in a fast-paced environment. Push meal carts to and from patient care units.
2. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach as needed.
3. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
4. Lift up to 25 pounds when necessary.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Evening
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028