EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT - RN - Emergency Department
Reports To: Charge Nurse
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Reports directly to the on-duty Nursing Supervisor. The nurse handles a wide spectrum of medical conditions, maladies, and injuries, and must be able to multi-task efficiently to provide premium care to the patient. Must be able to assess and treat quickly, especially during the onset of acute illness or trauma. Will assist the emergency room team leader and acute care nurse as directed.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT'S sole and absolute discretion.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Current licensure in good standing in the state of California.
3. 1 year experience as an Emergency Department nurse preferred
4. ACLS, PALS, and CPR certification. NRP and TNCC required within one year of hire date.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Demonstrates ability to use office machines in the performance of job functions.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient's immediate condition or needs within time frame specified by facilities policy and procedures or protocols. Notifies Charge Nurse and MD of abnormal findings.
2. Develops individualized plan of care that for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
3. Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Performs all assigned tasks accurately (e.g., EKGs, blood draws, IV starts, etc.). Keep work area and beds clean and restocked.
5. Provides individualized patient/family education.
6. Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
7. Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to appropriate resuscitation protocols.
8. Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and facility staff.
9. Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient's and family's diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
10. Adheres to standards of safety and infection control in delivery of patient care.
11. Assists nursing staff in other departments, as requested and if qualified, when need arises.
12. Assumes professional responsibility for assuring patient care is of the highest standards possible. Communicates questions about appropriateness of medical or nursing care through chain of command, as needed.
13. Follows procedure for medication administration and narcotics control. Documents medications and nursing care in a timely and accurate manner.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements as applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends meetings as required.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Night
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028