Reports To: Chief Clinical Officer
Employee Type: X EXEMPT
Under the direction of the CCO, the Retail Pharmacy Manager is responsible for all areas of retail pharmaceutical services for MMH including the procurement, distribution, storage and administration of drugs by appropriate staff. The Retail Pharmacy Manager ensures that pharmacy services of MMH are in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT'S sole and absolute discretion.
1. Is licensed to practice pharmacy in the State California.
2. Has at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. from a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
3. Current BLS Certification.
4. Meets the requirements as set forth by current federal, state and local laws, guidelines and regulations governing retail pharmaceutical services.
5. Maintains the required continuing education hours (annually) relative to the practice of pharmacist to assure continued competence.
6. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
7. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs and other pharmaceuticals for patient care.
2. Reviews prescriptions issued by Physician or other authorized prescriber to ensure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
3. Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals.
4. Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals if counseling offer is accepted.
5. Actively engages patients and clients with respect to customer service programs offered by the pharmacy.
6. Actively engages patients and clients with respect to program integrations offered by the pharmacy.
7. Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
8. Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
9. Instructs interns and other pharmacy personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy and maintains correct pharmacist to technician and pharmacist to intern ratios per state/federal law.
10. Maintains awareness of third party Rx systems and resolves third party rejection problems promptly.
11. Reports prescription errors immediately and adheres to company policy regarding medication incidents.
12. Maintains awareness of loss prevention controls and procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
13. Develops and maintains a good working relationship with physicians and other health care professionals in order to better assist the customer.
14. Synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
15. Pursues training and development opportunities; keeps abreast of new items, changing laws, regulations, and new pharmacy-related programs through participation in continuing education courses and reviewing pharmacy-related literature; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
16. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments; maintains confidentiality.
17. Maximizes sales and controls expenses in the retail pharmacy
18. Ensures currency and consistency of pharmacy policies.
19. Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
20. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
21. Communicates changes effectively; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
22. Understands business implications of decisions; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
23. Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; ensures daily housekeeping, cleanliness, and sanitation program as established within company guidelines.
24. Other duties may be assigned (may include technician-related duties depending on available staff).
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 25 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Salary: $130,000.00 to $145,000.00 per year
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028