ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES - Laundry Aide
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, the Laundry Aide is responsible for all assigned laundry duties, in accordance with established procedures.
This job description is intended to identify some of the primary duties and responsibilities. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT'S sole and absolute discretion.
1. Must be a high school graduate or have a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
2. One to three (1-3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Basic knowledge of laundry equipment and its usage. Must be aware of and have the ability to perform/demonstrate proper lifting technique practices.
4. Basic mathematical concepts. Ability to count items, and record pounds of laundry and calculate for reporting.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Maintains cleanliness of laundry room, cleans floors, including sweeping, dusting and damp/wet mopping. Keeps walls and ceilings clean by washing dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc. Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from equipment and other surfaces, using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions. Discards waste/trash in proper containers.
2. Collects and sorts soiled laundry, linens, and garments (articles) from SNF corridors, Residents' rooms, acute, clinic and physical therapy.
3. Daily washing of soiled articles; Separates items that require special stain removal, treatment (i.e.: soaking of contaminated articles) or mending. Mixes dyes, bleaches and soap granules according to formula for specified articles. Uses equipment and cleaning chemicals properly and safely to wash items in accordance with established procedures. Does not overload washers.
4. Daily drying of wet clean articles; Use of wringers and dryers with measured time cycles. Uses appropriate drying temperature. Does not overload dryers.
5. Sort articles according to identification numbers or type. Fold, count, stack, hang and place articles in appropriate bins and/or closets, and return articles to the proper personal storage areas of Residents' rooms.
6. Monitors laundering machines and report irregularities and malfunctions to Supervisor.
7. Monitors laundry supplies and reports inventory levels to Supervisor. Prepares Requisition Forms for the ordering of supplies and forwards to Supervisor for approval.
8. Reads and understands Operation Manuals, Policy Procedure Manuals, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) Manual, and other departmental manuals to remain knowledgeable on the proper usage of the procedures and equipment usage.
9. Continually demonstrates a culture of high safety standards and quality during the entire course of course of this job.
10. Assists in the orientation of new personnel in the Laundry Department.
11. Performs all aspects of duties and responsibilities in a manner that optimizes patient safety.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $11.50 - $11.50 per/hour
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028