CLINICAL NURSE EDUCATOR
Provides clinical education and evaluation to nursing and patient care staff in both the acute and long term care environments. Develops and facilitates evidence-based educational content that ensures adherence to regulatory mandates, state statues and accrediting standards and all related MMHD policies, procedures, and guidelines. Collaborates with medical practitioners to incorporate nursing processes into the plan of care for specialized groups of patients.
1. Current State of California Registered Nurse License or ability to obtain.
2. BSN required, Master's preferred and required within four years of hire.
3. Clinical Nurse Educator experience preferred.
4. Maintains current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Conducts learning needs assessments, identifies gaps, and presents proposals to improve skills. Develop and incorporate both non-clinical and clinical programs that improve medical practices for patient safety and quality patient care.
2. Collaborates with clinical leadership to set goals for educational programs/needs.
3. Continually investigate methods for improving patient care and safety.
4. Develops, revises, and participates in initial and ongoing education and competencies focusing on improvement of skills and knowledge retention.
5. Serve as role model providing clinical and professional leadership.
6. Collaborates with medical providers, patient-care staff, and clinical leadership in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curricula.
7. Initiates clinical skills development programs within the parameters of established clinical and preceptorship models; monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
8. Ensures or performs education to patient-care staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments; coordinates in-service training and workshops for appropriate staff.
9. Develops core education for the development of current and future staff leaders.
10. Identify internal and external resources for educational activities in collaboration with clinical leadership.
11. Occasional travel required.
12. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
13. Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
14. Knowledge of adult learning methodologies.
15. Ability to assess educational needs and design and develop responsible curricula.
16. Working knowledge of the use of established clinical and preceptorship models in the development of clinical education programs.
17. Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
18. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
19. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028