OUTPATIENT SERVICES - RN
RN is a registered nurse with general knowledge in areas such as IV administration, wound care, case management, within the scope of the RN standards of practice.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Current licensure in good standing in the state of California.
3. Maintains current CPR certification.
4. ACLS required within one year of hire date.
5. Pass competency testing in Advanced Wound Care with a score of 80% or better.
6. Pass competency testing in IV Infusion Services with a score of 80% or better.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrates proficiency in accurate assessment, prevention, identification, documentation and care planning/recommendation of appropriate interventions for skin and wound/ostomy care of acute, long-term care, and outpatients.
2. Acts as a resource person for nursing staff with regard to patient's skin/wound/ostomy care needs.
3. Demonstrates proficiency in accurate identification, access, assessment and care, documentation, and care planning for all types of venous access devices, including but not limited to peripheral IV's, PICC, V.A.D., Central Venous Catheters.
4. Is knowledgeable, and demonstrates competency regarding IV infusion protocols for a variety of medications including but not limited to antibiotics, blood, and blood products such as immunoglobulin.
5. Demonstrates competency in proper administration of IM/SQ injections.
6. Demonstrates competency in venipuncture and phlebotomy.
7. Demonstrates competency in sterile technique required for various catheter insertions, in addition to physician assist for sterile procedures such as paracentesis, lumbar puncture, etc.
8. Responsible for carrying out prescribed physician orders and scheduling patients to complete patient care as ordered.
9. Responsible for assessment, care planning, intervention, and re-evaluation of all patients referred to the Outpatient department.
10. Communicates significant assessment findings to the patient's physician in a timely manner.
11. Communicates clearly with patients, physicians, and staff regarding patient condition, any changes in condition, and the treatment plan of care.
12. Utilizes the nursing process and critical thinking strategies to implement individualized care.
13. Strives to consistently improve customer service through continual development of clinical expertise and current knowledge of healthcare trends and evidence based practice.
14. Is familiar with regulatory requirements as they apply to the nursing practice.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties
9. Performs other duties, as assigned.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions, temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors, and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type : Part Time
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028