FINANCE - CLERK - Finance
Under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support services in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
1. High school diploma or equivalent with bookkeeping and other business-oriented courses preferred; focus on healthcare preferred.
2. One year of business office experience which should be directly related to the accounts payable function desirable
3. Experience in an acute care hospital or similar institutional setting is desirable
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, material produced for union negotiations, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
2. Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
3. Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
4. Prepare invoices for data entry.
5. Key invoices into system.
6. Process back up reports after data entry and prepare for review.
7. Process check runs.
8. Responsible for timely month end Accounts Payable close.
9. Review all new vendors, ensuring new vendor set up is in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
10. Complete daily, weekly, month end, quarter end and year end reports
11. Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
12. Prepare and enter prepaid journal entries.
13. Reconcile prepaid account balances.
14. Assist with data entry of month end journal entries.
15. Assist with data collection for audits, OSHPD work papers and cost report work papers, as requested.
16. Maintain a filing system for all financial documents.
17. Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $18.00 - $23.49 per/hour
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028