ADMINISTRATION - ASSISTANT
Reports To: Chief Nursing Officer, Chief Clinical Officer, Director of Nursing
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the CNO, CCO and DON.
This position description is intended to identify some of the duties and responsibilities of this position. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT'S sole and absolute discretion.
1. High School diploma, Associates degree preferred.
2. 3-5 years of experience in office environment.
3. Public meeting experience preferred.
4. 1-2 years of experience in a hospital setting preferred.
5. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
6. Strong presentation skills; detail oriented and a self-starter.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of the hospital outside of normal work hours.
2. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
3. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
4. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
5. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
6. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
7. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
8. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
9. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
10. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
11. Manages the work flow of immediate supervisor.
12. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary in a professional and friendly manner.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
2. Manages the work flow of immediate supervisor.
3. Answers phone calls, assists public, forwards appropriately if necessary in a professional and friendly manner and returns calls promptly.
4. Resolves conflicts and complaints from members of the public, patients, employees, or other stakeholders, or directs them to the correct person to resolve the conflict.
5. Takes minutes of various meetings as needed or as assigned.
6. Supports other Administrative Assistants.
7. Assists with Policy and Procedure development.
8. Assists with Departments Policy and Procedure manuals assembly and scanning.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and professional. Wears identification badge while on duty.
2. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift up to 20 lbs. when necessary.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $14.25 - $14.25 per/hour
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028