DIETARY - MANAGER ASSISTANT
The Dietary Manager's Assistant works in conjunction with the Dietary Manager and all facility departments to enhance optimal functions of the Dietary Department. Assistant is responsible for all clerical and receptionist duties in the dietary department.
This position description is intended to identify some of the duties and responsibilities of this position. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT'S sole and absolute discretion.
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• Previous supervisory experience, but not required
• Previous hospital and food service experience preferred, but not required.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred but not required.
• Is dependable, reliable with good attendance and the ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
• Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
• Must be a team player to all departments, confidential of sensitive data, respectful of all other staff members, considerate of other people's time, and accountable for work output.
• Possesses good interpersonal skills, works well independently and with supervisor, communicates well and is able to problem solve.
• Maintains a clean and hazard free responsive work area on an ongoing basis. Assists and maintains a professional environment at the workstation.
• Interfaces well with all other departments in the facility to maintain a quality image of the dietary department.
-Assist the Dietary Manager in planning, developing, organizing, implementing,
evaluating, and overall supervision of Dietary Department, its programs and activities.
-Perform/assist with administrative duties such as completing necessary forms, orders, reports, filing, menus, etc.
· Inspect food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
· Assist the dietary manager in development and use of departmental policies and procedures.
· Perform administrative requirements such as checking temperatures daily, completing necessary forms/logs, reports, etc.
· Assist Dietary Manager in developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the Dietary Department.
· Coordinate dietary services with other departments as necessary, such as special events, luncheons and other hospital functions.
· Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
-Performs additional duties as requested.
• Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
• Demonstrates a positive working relationship with patients, visitors and facility staff.
• Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
• Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and JCAHO regulations.
• Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
• Wears identification while on duty.
• Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
• Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
• Attends annual review and performs departmental in services.
• Attends at least ____staff meetings; reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
• Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
• Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
• Is involved with personnel, visitors, and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
• Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
• Able to work a flexible schedule as needed by department.
• Works in a fast-paced environment.
• Repetitive reaching, bending, kneeling and forward reaching.
• Able to stand for long periods of time.
• Lift up to 50 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $12.95 - $12.95 per/hour
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028