EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT - RELIEF SUPERVISOR/RESOURCE RN
Reports To: Nursing Supervisor Lead
Employee Type: NON-EXEMPT
Serves as the primary nurse in the Emergency Department when on duty as the Nursing Supervisor, providing direct patient care and directing the flow of patients being treated in the Emergency Department. The Nursing Supervisor works in conjunction with the on-duty Resource RN/LVN or Tech who assists with providing care to Emergency Room patients. The Nursing Supervisor serves as a clinical resource to nursing personnel throughout the facility, managing and organizing the duties of the nurses when needed. This position will also be utilized to fill the Resource RN shifts when needed. The Resource RN reports directly to the on-duty Nursing Supervisor. The Resource nurse handles a wide spectrum of medical conditions, maladies, and injuries, and must be able to multi-task efficiently and skillfully while at the same time giving premium care to the patient. Must be able to assess and treat quickly, especially during the onset of acute illness or trauma. Will assist the emergency room team leader and acute care nurses as directed. May be asked to assist in clinical services including Acute Care, Outpatient Services, Outpatient Surgery and Skilled Nursing as needed.
This position description is intended to identify some of the duties and responsibilities of this position. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT'S sole and absolute discretion.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Current licensure in good standing in the state of California.
3. 2 years experience as an Emergency Room Nurse.
4. ACLS, PALS, and CPR certification mandatory. NRP within one year of hire date.
5. TNCC and MICN preferred
6. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
7. Is dependable, reliable with good attendance and the ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
8. Must be a team player to all departments, confidential of sensitive data, respectful of all other staff members, considerate of other people's time, and accountable for work output.
1. Always demonstrates a professional behavior, both when on duty and as a representative of the hospital outside of normal work hours.
2. Always demonstrates a positive working relationship with patients, visitors and facility staff. Respectful to managers and supervisors.
3. Demonstrates organizational ability and time management.
4. Communicates appropriately, respectfully, and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers. Accepts direction as provided without questioning authority, within the chain of command.
5. Performs all assigned tasks accurately.
6. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
7. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
8. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary in a professional and friendly manner.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Provides medical care to patients who are seriously ill.
2. Regular and constant monitoring of patients. Assessment and evaluation of treatment plans.
3. Set up medical equipment and life sustaining devices to adequately monitor and treat critical patients
4. Responds quickly to any changes in the patient's condition. Notifies and documents patient progress to the physician in an accurate format.
5. Provides guidance and support to family members of critical patients.
6. Triage of patients: Sets priorities for the patient in which order the doctor will see them. (Priority is based on patient condition).
7. Evaluates all patients brought into the ER and make all efforts to stabilize patients.
8. Answers questions of the patient and family. Provides emotional support/referrals as needed.
9. Assesses patient's pain levels and administer sedation as prescribed by the attending doctor.
10. Observes patients for changes in condition, such as sepsis or shock. Perform suitable interventions.
11. Administers prescribed medication intravenously, orally, through gastric tubes, or by other approved methods.
12. Administers defibrillators and life-resuscitating methods immediately in case of sudden cardiac arrests.
13. Administers blood transfusion and blood products as necessary.
14. Proficient in IV starts, blood draws, EKG's and interpretations.
15. Treats outpatients for IVF's, medications, or wound care when needed
16. Familiar with and able to properly perform hospital policy and procedures
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors, and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Hourly Wage: $36.00 - $46.97 per/hour
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028