RADIOLOGY - CLERK
Reports To: Radiology Manager
Employee Type: EXEMPT X NON-EXEMPT
The Radiology Clerk provides support the Radiology team of such clerical duties as typing forms, filing, logging daily patient work and mailing reports.
This position description is intended to identify some of the duties and responsibilities of this position. MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in this position description, at MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT'S sole and absolute discretion.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. A minimum of two years experience in the medical field preferred.
3. Proficient computer and typing skills.
4. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
5. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
6. Must be a team player to all departments, confidential of sensitive data, respectful of all other staff members, considerate of other people's time, and accountable for work output.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated always, both when on duty and as a representative of the hospital outside of normal work hours.
2. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated. Respectful to managers and supervisors.
3. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
4. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
5. Maintains an organized set of records, delivers records immediately upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
6. Communicates appropriately, respectfully, and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers. Accepts direction as provided without questioning authority, within the chain of command.
7. Performs all assigned tasks accurately.
8. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
9. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
10. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary in a professional and friendly manner.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Fax reports to providers as directed or upon request.
2. Prepare and fax daily log of Mt Shasta Radiology Billing department.
3. Read and comprehend orders, knowing whether the exam ordered is correct based on patients history.
4. Willing to follow up with ordering physician for questions, corrections or clarifications.
5. Enter orders into HIS/RIS
6. Process Patient paperwork, making sure all required documents are received, verify and receive insurance authorization. Schedules patients effectively, answering any questions and given proper instructions to patients about procedure.
7. Must be kind and courteous to all patients at all times, with no exception.
8. Assist other Radiology team members in Transporting patients and assist Technologist as requested within scope.
9. Understand and utilize Picture Archive Communication System (PACS)
10. Prepare and burn CD and prepare to be delivered to physician or patient.
11. Produce monthly statistic reports.
12. Possesses ability to answer phones, take messages and communicate professionally with Vendors and physicians.
13. Works unsupervised with little or no assistance.
14. Has computer knowledge to run basic computer programs, as well as being able to learn radiology software programs.
15. File and scan paperwork.
16. Stocks linens, cleans exam rooms, partakes in quality control and orders needed supplies.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors, and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 20 lbs.
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Shift : Day
Mayers Memorial Hospital District
43563 Highway 299 East; PO Box 459
Fall River Mills, Ca 96028