Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Dr. Tom Watson, MD - Department Medical Director
Krissy Eades, Emergency Department Lead
The Emergency Department at Mayers Memorial Hospital is proud to serve the emergency care needs of Inter-Mountain Area residents.
Staffed with emergency physicians, specially trained nurses and support staff, Mayers Emergency Department is well-equipped to diagnose and treat specific injuries or illnesses 24 hours a day.
We are committed to treating any medical condition thoroughly and efficiently and always with Mayers mission in mind - Always Caring...Always Here.
At MMHD, we recognize that emergencies are stressful. That's why are committed to make sure each visit to our Emergency Department goes as smoothly as possible.
We're working to improve the design of our Emergency Department as well as our processes to ensure that patients are seen by a physician and receive care as quickly as possible.
Communication plays a key role in a patient's successful course of treatment in the Emergency Department. Language and interpretive services are available at Mayers; please ask the nurse or Emergency Department Staff about these services.
Theresa Overton, Director of Nursing
(530) 336-5511 Ext. 1242
SEMSA Ambulance and EMS staff are available 24/7 to provide advanced life support care and stabilization. In addition to responding to 911 calls, the ambulance service also provides critical care transport for patients when a higher level of care is needed.
In case of emergency, dial 911
Shasta County Sheriff Dispatch
In 1949 a Chamber of Commerce hospital committee was formed and began taking the first steps toward a visionary project -Ward Memorial Hospital. The Chamber's "Hospital Committee" compiled the costs of building a new hospital to present to taxpayers -the first hospital bond issue was defeated in 1950. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. After one private hospital discontinued practice due to inadequate facilities, leaving only one that could handle just 23 patients, the need for a county hospital was again fronted to the citizens in 1953. With the support of local doctors, civic groups and women's clubs, a bond election was called in March of 1954. In June of 1954 the voters voted six-to-one in favor of a county hospital.